Third-Place is an online marketplace that allows:
1. users to find, discover and book spaces to work remotely (“Users”); and
2. spaces or venues to list, offer and make available their spaces to Users to work remotely (“Spaces”).
This is referred to as the “Services” which is provided under through our website(s), app(s)or other platform(s) (the “Platform” or “Marketplace”).
We appreciate your business, visit to, and use of our Platform. As a visitor to our Platform and user of our Services, we consider the privacy of your data and information, whether corporate or personal, to be of fundamental importance and a top priority. Information we gather from you, not only facilitates interactions and transactions between us and you and other users, but also helps us continually improve your Platform experience.
Information We May Collect From You
We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use and access to our Platform and our Services:
· personal information you provide to us such as your name, title, home and/or business address (billing (if applicable) and/or mailing address), email address, home and/or business phone number, mobile telephone number, wireless and/or fax number, physical contact information
· other information, personal or otherwise, such as Space characteristics, availability or preference, as applicable, Platform use history and marketing preferences, that you provide to us through questionnaire, correspondence, chats, dispute resolution, or shared by you from other social applications, services, or websites;
· additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating our Platform policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity);
· other supplemental information obtained from third parties such as demographic and navigation data; your program level in their user incentive program and your Account information; and your credit check information, and additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law;
· information from your interaction with our Platform, Services, content and advertising, including, but not limited to, web logs, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on user behaviour, page views, traffic to and from the Platform, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
· details of interactions, communications and transactions you carry out through our Platform.
Sharing Information With Our Third Party Payment Processor
Sharing of Information and Registration with Social Media Platforms
We may offer and sign-in Services that allow you to use third party login credentials to access our Platform. We may also offer Services that allow you to share information with third party social media websites such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google Plus, YouTube and others.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with access to our Platform and our Services, and provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
· where applicable, process transactions between you and us;
· process data internally, for instance compile statistical information about your interests and that of other users in relation to the Services on our Platform;
· provide you with information, Services that you request from us or which we believe would interest you in a way that is targeted and relevant;
· provide access to our Platform and the Services and user support you request;
· carry out contractual obligations based on agreements entered between you and us;
· resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
· prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions;
· customise, measure, and improve our Services, content, and advertising to ensure you have a better user experience on our Platform;
· tell you about our Services and those of our corporate group, as well as changes to them;
· advise you of forthcoming new Services, Spaces, and/or promotional offers;
· deliver targeted marketing, Service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
· compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
Please note that if the email address you provide to us is a wireless email address, and you have elected to receive promotional messages from us, you agree to receive messages at such address from us, unless and until you have elected not to receive such messages by following the instructions in the marketing section below. You understand that your wireless carrier's standard rates apply to these messages, and that you may change your mind at any time by following the instructions in the marketing section below. You represent that you are the owner or authorised user of the wireless device on which messages will be received, and that you are authorised to approve the applicable charges.
We do not sell, trade or lease your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your personal information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise our Services, content and advertising.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can indicate your communications preference in your Account, or within direct communication channels with us including through means we may seek to contact you such as email, text, SMS or any other messaging service, telephone, fax and by post.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
· our affiliates to provide joint content and Services (like registration, transactions, and user support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, tools, services and communications. We shall use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested our Services and will use your personal information in compliance with our Privacy Policies and our privacy standards;
· service providers and other third parties that provide products or services for or through our Platform or for our business (such as website or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, email service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfillment companies, and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf) under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud investigations, bill collection, insurance service providers, affiliate and rewards programs, site operations, and co-branded credit cards);
· other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific Service) including third party incentive or reward programs in which you may enroll, and we may participate, which information shared would be limited;
· law enforcement, governmental agencies, authorised third parties, judicial proceedings, including a valid court order in relation to litigation or in response to a verified request relating to criminal investigations or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other User to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation, inquiry or court proceedings, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, Platform use history, and anything else we may deem relevant in that regard;
· other business entities which provide offers to select users through us. When we do this, we do not provide those businesses with your name and address, and you have every right to notify us that you are not interested in receiving such offers; and
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Further, other than as set forth above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Information You Share on our Platform
Your user ID is not displayed throughout the Platform (and so is not available to the public), although for our internal purposes and out of the public eye, it is connected to all of your Third-Place activity. For Users, people you allow to use your Account on the Platform, can see your selections and usage as well as other related information. Once you select a Space and start interacting with a potential Space, the Space can see some of your identifying information. For Spaces, people you allow to follow you on the Platform, can see descriptions and information about your Space, the price for their use, and some of your identifying information. If you associate your name with your user ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your Third-Place activities.
If you access our Platform from a shared computer, a computer in an internet café or another person’s mobile phone, certain information about you, such as your user ID, activity, or reminders from Third-Place, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer or mobile phone after you.
Our Texting Service
Our Platform may have, or currently has, a robust texting service as part of its Services (the “Texting Service”). Through the Texting Service, Users and Spaces can connect and communicate freely. We do not monitor the text messages of Users and Spaces. However, in the unlikely event that we become privy to any messages, we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from such messages, whether it was caused by a failure of our systems, an act of our employees or agents, or an act of cyber hacking.
Using Information from Us
We enable you to share personal information using the Platform and our Services. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other Users. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other Users' contact and usage information to facilitate connection, interaction and flow of relevant or common information. When Users are involved in connecting with each other, they may have access to each other's name, user ID, email address and other contact information. In all cases, you must give other Users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information (if any) you have collected about them.
You agree to use User information only for:
· User connection-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
· using Services offered through Third-Place; or
· other purposes that a User expressly chooses.
We use “cookies” (small data files placed within your computing device) on certain of our pages to help analyse our Platform page flow; customise our Services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. Cookies track your movement on our Platform, including what you view, your transactions and what you purchase. They essentially serve to improve and personalise your experience on our Platform.
A few important things you should know about our use of these technologies are:
· most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session;
· you are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of our Platform or Services;
· you may encounter cookies from third parties, known as service providers, that we have allowed on our Platform that assist us with various aspects of our Platform operations and services; and
· you also may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of our Platform that we do not control and have not authorised. (For example, if you view a Platform page created by another User or Space, there may be a cookie placed by that page).
We may use "clear GIFs" (also known as "web beacons" or "pixel tags"), or similar technologies, in the Platform and/or in our communications with you, to enable us to evaluate Platform usage information about visitors to our Platform, target campaigns, upgrade visitor information, and know whether you have visited a Platform page or received a message. A clear GIF is typically a one-pixel transparent image (although it can be a visible image as well), located on a Platform page or in an email or other type of message, which is retrieved from a remote site on the Internet thus enabling the verification of an individual's viewing or receipt of a Platform page or message. A clear GIF may enable us to relate your viewing or receipt of a Platform page or message to other information about you, including your personal information.
IP Address and Clickstream Data
Our server automatically collects data about your server's Internet address when you visit us. This information, known as an Internet Protocol address, or IP Address, is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you're on the Internet. When you request pages from our Platform, our servers may log your IP Address and sometimes your domain name. Your IP Address is used to help identify you and to gather demographic information about our Users as a whole. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g., another website or a search engine); the pages you visit on our Platform; the website or mobile application you visit after our Platform; the ads you see and/or click on; other information about the type of web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Platform or a referral site; and other web usage activity and data logged by our web servers. We use this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Platform, and to customise your User experience. Such information may also be used to gather demographic information, such as country of origin and Internet Service Provider. We may link this information with your personal information.
Any or all of these activities with regard to Platform usage information may be performed on our behalf by our services providers, including, for example, our analytics vendor(s) and our email management partner(s).
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We, our Users and our Spaces do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Third-Place communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other Users or Spaces to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report Third-Place related spam or spoof emails to us, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our Terms and Conditions. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks, and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community (via Refer-a-Friend or other tools), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
With identity theft a continuing problem, it has become increasingly common for unauthorised individuals to send email messages to consumers, purporting to represent a legitimate company such as a bank or on-line merchant, requesting that the consumer provide personal, often sensitive information. Sometimes, the domain name of the email address from which the email appears to have been sent, and the domain name of the website requesting such information, appears to be the domain name of a legitimate, trusted company. In reality, such sensitive information is received by an unauthorised individual to be used for purposes of identity theft. This illegal activity has come to be known as “phishing.”
We will never request your password, credit card information or other sensitive information via email. If you receive an email or other correspondence requesting that you provide any sensitive information (including your Platform password or credit card information) via email or to a website that does not seem to be affiliated with our Platform, or that otherwise seems suspicious to you, please do not provide such information, and report such request to us using the email email@example.com.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
Your password is the key to your Account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters, and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your Account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
You can see, review, and change most of your personal information by signing on to Third-Place. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your Account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your Account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms and Conditions, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
How we Protect and Store Personal Information
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your Account profile settings. We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations or for as long as is expressly agreed between you and us. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Terms and Conditions and take other actions permitted by law.
Although we try our best to protect the security and integrity of your personal information against both unauthorised physical and electronic access, we cannot guarantee that information during transmission through the Internet or any computer network is entirely safe from unauthorised intrusion, access or manipulation. We will only make your sensitive information available to our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis. Nonetheless, we will have no liability for disclosure of information to anyone due to errors or unauthorised acts of third parties during or after transmission. In any event, where we believe personal data has been compromised, we will notify you of this.
Please note that it is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and your computer. You agree to: (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or Third-Place Account or any other breach of security; and (b) ensure that you exit from your Account at the end of each session, especially where you are accessing our Platform on a public computer. It is your sole responsibility to control the dissemination and use of your password, control access to and use of your Account, and notify us when you desire to cancel your Account on our Platform. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
Right to a Copy
You have a legal right to request and obtain a copy of the information we hold about you. This includes information on how this will be used and to ensure this information is accurate. You may review and edit the personal information that is stored in your Account on our Platform. You may send us new or updated information at any time. Considering the foregoing, we will endeavour to respond to your request to access, update or delete your information as soon as practicable. Before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies or delete any information, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. In addition, you have the right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you at any time.
If your privacy questions are not answered online, you may write to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.